Most scenic train routes Zurich-Interlaken-Rome

• aplopez
    Participant
    9 posts
    23 April 2016 at 14:24:31 #808989

Hello,

My wife and i will be in Switzerland in early july. I would like to know which would be the most scenic train route from Zurich to Interlaken. If there is an extra fee that would be okay.

Also, later we will be going from Interlaken to Rome, Italy, and would like suggestions about the most scenic train route to take.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    24 April 2016 at 7:09:56 #851141

Hi aplopez,

For Zurich-Interlaken you can travel via Lucerne and Meiringen (part of the Golden Pass route). When heading from Interlaken to Italy I’d suggest Spiez-Kandersteg-Goppenstein-Brig-Domodossola, using the local Lötschberger trains. If you add the mentioned via stations in the timetable, you’ll get to see all options.

• The thread ‘Most scenic train routes Zurich-Interlaken-Rome’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.