Mountain Excursions in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2012 at 23:24:55 #804906

Dear Moderator,

I am planning a 8 day trip to Switzerland in April 2012 and would surely like to visit Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch.

I have booked a apartment in Interlaken for the same. As I will be having a 8 day Swiss Pass, I am aware that I would be entitled to discounts to my trips to these mountian tops. However, I came across some sites mentioned below that too provide passes for these excursions:
    http://www.swisstoursindia.com/Mountain-ExcursionsDisplay.aspx?cntry=IN
    http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/

So my queries are:

1) Will it be cheap to buy the passes from the above websites or would you suggest something else?
    2) In case I buy these passes from here, are they valid for a particular date only as we cannot commit a date considering that we are not sure when the weather would be best to travel?

Regards,
    Prachi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 February 2012 at 14:23:49 #834820

Hello Prachi! You don’t have to buy such day trip passes in advance. You’ll have to fill out a date when purchasing them in advance and you’re right: if weather isn’t good, tickets with fixed dates won’t allow you to adapt your plans. So in terms of flexibility you’re better off buying your tickets at the rail station before boarding.

• The thread ‘Mountain Excursions in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.