How many days for Interlaken Grindstone Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2017 at 12:46:02 #810726

I am from India. I will like to travel Switzerland in May 2017. I am requesting suggestions for number of days to be spent to explore the place. I will like to know how many days / nights to be spent in Interlaken, Grindstone, lucerne, Zurich and any other place if required. I have budget of 5 days to 10 days. Please let me know how I can structure my stay arrangement in various parts of Switzerland.

Thanks

Ram Mantri

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2017 at 7:46:50 #858671

Hi Ram,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’d recommend to stay as many days as you can. There is a lot to see and do in Switzerland. Even in 10 days you can only scratch the surface. Apart from that the weather may limit your options: there’s no point in visiting a mountain peak if it is covered in clouds, for example. You need a bit of flexibility.

I am not sure what you mean by Grindstone. I would not spend too much time in Zurich as it is not in the mountains, and the Swiss Alps are likely to be the area you’re most interested in.

You can start planning here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2017 at 15:59:53 #858672

Dear Arno

Thanks for your feedback on my query. I mean to say “Grindelwald”, it got auto corrected by my mobile.

It will be better if you suggest number of days I need to spend at each place considering I am as a tourist.

Thanks for your suggestion on Zurich. I will consider less amount of time there.

What I have planeed is…. 4 days, 3 nights at Interlaken, 3 days, 2 nights at Lucrane and say 2 nights at Zurich. Is it sufficient for me to explore Switzerland.

Is there any thing which I am missing…? Is May month is right time to travel these places…?

Thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2017 at 16:06:28 #858673

Hi Ram,

You’re very welcome! I would only spend one night in Zurich after arrival or before departure, so you have an afternoon and evening to explore, for example. You can add that night to Lucerne so you’ll have two full days there.

May is a good time for sightseeing, but not for high altitude hiking. And you will have to check cableway schedules as it’s low season and not all of them will be operational. But the major ones will be running: myswissalps.com/ besttimetovisit.

• The thread ‘How many days for Interlaken Grindstone Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.