Which Mt Pilatus route with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2018 at 14:33:39 #816960

Hello guys, I read that the 2018 Swiss Travel Pass no longer cover Mt Pilatus for free but now only give a 50% discount. I will be hosted at Luzern on august, so I intend to go from Lucerne to Alpnachstad by boat, this route is free with STP? Then, I plan on taking the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm then the Dragon Ride cable car to Frakmuntegg . There I’ll do the toboggan run, ride the cable car back up to Frakmuntegg, and then take the gondola down to Kriens. If I understand correctly, the cogwheel train and the cable car are 50% discounted. Would this ticket cost 72 Swiss francs/ 36 francs with STP? Is the gondola to Kriens still covered 100% by the STP? I will be hosted at Luzern, then I intend to go from Luzern to Alpnachstad by boat, this route is free with STP, right? Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2018 at 15:34:06 #889716

Hi Rafael,

The boat trip to Alpnachstad is free with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Going up and down the mountain itself is only covered 50%. It doesn’t matter how you go up – cable car from Kriens or the train from Alpnachstad. A round-trip ticket would be 36chf with your Swiss Travel Pass discount. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 12:53:35 #889717

Lucas,

I just wanted to confirm that the STP price for the golden trip to Mount Pilatus is 36chf and with Swiss half fare card its 51 chf?

Also, wanted to ask if its possible to park rental car at Zurich main station for a couple of hours to walk around Zurich city center.

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 14:34:51 #889718

Yes, that sounds correct. With the Swiss Half Fare Card from Luzern you get 50% off the ferry trip as well as the trip up and down the mountain.

With the Swiss Travel Pass, the ferry is free and the mountain trip is 50% off. So it would be a little cheaper.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/validity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 15:53:37 #889719

Thank you Lucas. Can you also please confirm regarding parking at Zurich station. We are flying in tommorow and looking forward to our trip ! This forum has been very helpful with figuring out our itinerary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 16:40:19 #889720

Oh yes, there is parking at Zurich station and around Zurich in general.

• The thread ‘Which Mt Pilatus route with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.