Which Mt Pilatus route with Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rafael
Rafael
10 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 2:33 PM

Hello guys, I read that the 2018 Swiss Travel Pass no longer cover Mt Pilatus for free but now only give a 50% discount. I will be hosted at Luzern on august, so I intend to go from Lucerne to Alpnachstad by boat, this route is free with STP? Then, I plan on taking the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm then the Dragon Ride cable car to Frakmuntegg . There I'll do the toboggan run, ride the cable car back up to Frakmuntegg, and then take the gondola down to Kriens. If I understand correctly, the cogwheel train and the cable car are 50% discounted. Would this ticket cost 72 Swiss francs/ 36 francs with STP? Is the gondola to Kriens still covered 100% by the STP? I will be hosted at Luzern, then I intend to go from Luzern to Alpnachstad by boat, this route is free with STP, right? Thank you for your help.

Lucas
Lucas
9608 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2018 - 3:34 PM in reply to Rafael

Hi Rafael,

The boat trip to Alpnachstad is free with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Going up and down the mountain itself is only covered 50%. It doesn't matter how you go up - cable car from Kriens or the train from Alpnachstad. A round-trip ticket would be 36chf with your Swiss Travel Pass discount. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Last modified on Jun 29, 2018 - 3:34 PM by Lucas
Gayathrimuru
Gayathrimuru
7 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 12:53 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas,

I just wanted to confirm that the STP price for the golden trip to Mount Pilatus is 36chf and with Swiss half fare card its 51 chf?

Also, wanted to ask if its possible to park rental car at Zurich main station for a couple of hours to walk around Zurich city center.

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
9608 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 2:34 PM in reply to Gayathrimuru

Yes, that sounds correct. With the Swiss Half Fare Card from Luzern you get 50% off the ferry trip as well as the trip up and down the mountain.

With the Swiss Travel Pass, the ferry is free and the mountain trip is 50% off. So it would be a little cheaper.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/validity

Gayathrimuru
Gayathrimuru
7 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 3:53 PM

Thank you Lucas. Can you also please confirm regarding parking at Zurich station. We are flying in tommorow and looking forward to our trip ! This forum has been very helpful with figuring out our itinerary.

Lucas
Lucas
9608 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 4:40 PM in reply to Gayathrimuru

Oh yes, there is parking at Zurich station and around Zurich in general.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018