Best route to Rigi from Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 8:56:13 #822786

Hi I am reaching Lucerne tomorrow 12 July roughly by 1300 hours. I want to go to Mt Rigi. Please suggest the Best route which will cover Cog wheel train, Boat and cable car. Also if you can tell wheather all these options are covered in my Swiss Travel Pass. Awaiting a print reply. Thanks n Cheers

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    11 July 2019 at 14:04:03 #917533

Hi Dushyant, welcome to MySwissAlps!

All routes to Rigi are covered by your Swiss Travel Pass:

There are several options:

• boat to Weggis, cable car to Rigi Kaltbad, train to Rigi Kulm;
    • boat to Vitznau, train to Rigi Kulm;
    • train to Arth-Goldau, train to Rigi Kulm.

Of course you can get up using one route and down using the other, to add variety. Please use myswissalps.com/rigi/g ettingthere and myswissalps.com/timeta ble for your planning.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 July 2019 at 23:51:44 #917534

Hi Annika –

There is a significant walk between the ship landing and the Talstation for the cableway at Weggis. Up hill.

Slowpoke

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 July 2019 at 4:31:59 #917535

I know Slowpoke, I got up there myself a couple of times last Spring :-).

Still worth mentioning Dushyant, as you asked for a combination of boat, cable car and train. The walk will show up in the timetable I mentioned.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 July 2019 at 12:24:07 #917536

<<“I know Slowpoke, I got up there myself a couple of times last Spring :-).

Still worth mentioning Dushyant, as you asked for a combination of boat, cable car and train. The walk will show up in the timetable I mentioned.”>>

True. But it is a Swiss timetable, and the Swiss consider anything less than a vertical cliff to be a level walk. ;-0

When they offer times for walks, they don’t seem to notice hills. 😉

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2019 at 13:06:10 #917537

Thanks for your quick n useful suggestions. Already taken and implemented a few of them. Thanks n Cheers

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 July 2019 at 14:21:43 #917538

Good to hear Dushyant, enjoy your stay! If you have time, we’d love to read a trip report once you’re back: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports.

• The thread ‘Best route to Rigi from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.