Mt. Titlis if also visiting Jungfraujoch?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 11:39:47 #881498

Hi Poo,

I quote Rockoyster: “Which one should be preferred is not a question anyone can answer on your behalf. What appeals to one person may not appeal to the next.”

The Ice Flyer chairlift to the glacier park is CHF 12,- and the snow activities are for free.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:38:47 #881499

Hi, Need assisance:

1. May Month: we have 23rd ( 1/2 day) 24th full day and 25th half day in GRINDEWLAD ( Hotel booked).

Query:

1. would it be possible to spend 1 full day of 24th in Interlaken and 25th Morning 8.05 leave from grindelwald to Jungfragh and come back in evening by 3PM and then leave for zurich to reach in the night to catch early morning flight OR

2. We should plan Jungfragh on 24th , come back to interlaken to spend 1/2 day and night in hotel at Grindelwald OR

3. We should plan Jungfragh on 24th exclusively, come back to hotel in Grindelwald, and next day spend in interlaken ( pl advise they have baggage counters at station) and leave Interlaken around 4PM to reach hotel in Zurich to catch early morning flight next day.

Any other suggestion based on your experience to utilize time is welcome. Regards

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:48:44 #881500

So you are booked into Grindelwald Hotel 23rd and 24th right?

I would say you need to be flexible and pick the best best weather day for Jungfraujoch.

You certainly wouldn’t want to spend a full day in Interlaken. You should make the most of your time in the mountain areas.

Don’t miss Wengen and the Lauterbrunnen Valley views. From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look.

Option 1 is fine. It takes under 3 hours from Grindelwald to Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:59:15 #881501

Yes. you are right- we have booked 23rd and 24th Nights in Grindelwald.

If i understood clearly, i should plan as follows:

1. 23rd – 1/2 day in grindelwald –

2. 24th – Interlaken, wangen and Lauterbrunnen valley and

3. 25th – Grindlewald to Jungfraugh via Kleine and evening back to Zurich to catch next day flight.

How much time is taken by train from grindewald to Jungfraugh and back.

As suggested i will keep myself flexible for Jungfraugh either on 24th or 25th for the best best weather.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 April 2018 at 6:24:22 #881502

Hello Ravi,

The Swiss Train Timetable will tell you everything you need to know about duration of trips. It covers cable cars and boats as well as trains and buses. Just put in Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch or wherever.

On 23rd maybe go up to First.

On 25th you could leave luggage at hotel, go to Lauterbrunnen then Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg, Jungfraujoch then back down via Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald. Pick up bags and and head off to Zurich.

It will mean going to Lauterbrunnen 2 days but on 24th you can leave out Wengen and cover the other side of the valley.

Unfortunately you will need to go Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen by train (you don’t need to go back to Interlaken – just change trains at Zweilütschinen) as the cable cars across to Wengen don’t recommence operation until the day after you leave!

That’s just one permutation. You can figure it out when you get there

You seem keen on visiting Interlaken. I wouldn’t bother unless you particularly want to visit Harder Kulm.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Mt. Titlis if also visiting Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.