Multiple listing for destination

• Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    10 March 2017 at 15:21:28 #811027

how do you know which is the correct destination when there are several listed; for example in researching gruyeres I find gruyeres, gruyeres gare,, and gruyeres ville. I find this situation for most of the destinations. How do you select the correct one?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2017 at 18:29:42 #859927

Hi Debra,

I understand your confusion in these situations!

Gare means station in French (Gruyeres and Gruyeres gare) are techincally the same stop – the fact that this country has 4 official languages makes life fun sometimes!

In this case, searching on the SBB timetable using ‘Gruyeres’ will work fine (you will note that the length of a trip to Gruyeres gare and Gruyeres is the same). Gruyeres ville is a nearby bus stop so you would technically be buying a ticket for the train to Gruyeres and then a bus to Gruyeres ville.

Google is your friend in this case as it will show you where the other stops are when using Maps.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Multiple listing for destination’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.