Multiple listing for destination

Multiple listing for destination

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Debra
Debra
153 posts
Mar 10, 2017 - 3:21 PM

how do you know which is the correct destination when there are several listed; for example in researching gruyeres I find gruyeres, gruyeres gare,, and gruyeres ville. I find this situation for most of the destinations. How do you select the correct one?

Lucas
Lucas
8901 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2017 - 6:29 PM in reply to Debra

Hi Debra,

I understand your confusion in these situations!

Gare means station in French (Gruyeres and Gruyeres gare) are techincally the same stop - the fact that this country has 4 official languages makes life fun sometimes!

In this case, searching on the SBB timetable using 'Gruyeres' will work fine (you will note that the length of a trip to Gruyeres gare and Gruyeres is the same). Gruyeres ville is a nearby bus stop so you would technically be buying a ticket for the train to Gruyeres and then a bus to Gruyeres ville.

Google is your friend in this case as it will show you where the other stops are when using Maps.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 10, 2017 - 6:30 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018