Munich to Interlaken ticket booking with pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2015 at 20:09:05 #807640

I will like to book Munich to Interlaken train ticket before leaving US, I’ll be buying swiss travel pass too. What web site should I use to book the ticket so that I get swiss travel pass discount(free travel) from swiss border station onwards?

Appreciate myswissalps and the team for helping travelers all around the world…making travelling easy for everyone!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 July 2015 at 1:05:29 #844816

<<“I will like to book Munich to Interlaken train ticket before leaving US,I’ll be buying swiss travel pass too. What web site should I use to book the ticket so that I get swiss travel pass discount(free travel) from swiss border station onwards?”>>

Try-

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 July 2015 at 6:43:55 #844817

Hi jbhawtan,

I noticed in your other post you intend to buy a print at home Swiss Travel Pass through http://www.swissrailways.com. You can certainly do so, but it would make sense to buy the pass and the ticket from one website. Swiss Railways does not sell point to point tickets, but you can get both products from the below website:

This website does not offer print at home passes and delivery takes up to 8 business days, but it’s a cheap option.

Further options for tickets in Germany can be found through myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ germany/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2015 at 12:39:53 #844818

I like your suggestion Arno. But, does this mean I will have to change trains at schaffhausen or I can continue in the same train? Can I get Swiss pass validated in the train itself?

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 July 2015 at 13:24:16 #844819

You can ask the conductor of the train to Switzerland to validate your pass and stay seated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2015 at 13:58:43 #844820

Thanks so much Arno and slowpoke for your responses. Since I will be travelling alone, I am trying to understand every minute detail of the trip – without the help I’m getting here in myswissalps.com, it was not possible so easily. Tons of thanks.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 July 2015 at 15:37:47 #844821

<<“Thanks so much Arno and slowpoke for your responses. Since I will be travelling alone, I am trying to understand every minute detail of the trip – without the help I’m getting here in myswissalps.com, it was not possible so easily.”>>

Thanks. Glad that we could help.

I also tend to plan fine details, especially for the first 3 or 4 days, because jet lag paralyzes my decision making capability. If something is not working according to plan, my ability to improvise is not as good as it should be. And, jet lag plays games with my memory. So, I always write down the train time for the train that I plan to take from the airport, as well couple of later ones. Also, earlier ones. The airport is very fast. Luggage comes out quickly, and the lines at passport control are not usually very long. Sometimes I have my luggage and am out of customs/immigration before I expect to be. Then, when I see a signboard with too many choices, the notes help.

One of the great pleasures of traveling in Switzerland is the way the travel system has been organized to work well, with frequent services and good connections. And, you can figure it all out ahead of time from the USA via the Internet.

Although, I must admit that these days the train system is getting heavily loaded around rush hours near the larger cities….commuters. In the past two years I have had two or three slight delays from Zürich Main Station to Zürich Airport. Maybe 5 minutes, or only 2 or 3 minutes at about 0730-0800.

• The thread ‘Munich to Interlaken ticket booking with pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.