Muottas Muragl after a long travel day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2016 at 19:30:30 #809164

In late August we won’t arrive in St Moritz until just after 14:00 after beginning our day in Italy at 7:30. We have just one night in St Moritz before heading to Zermatt and Lauterbrunnen, where we hopefully will have some amazing mountain views. But I know the weather is unpredictable always.

If the weather is good the afternoon we arrive in St Moritz is the trip to Muottas Muragl worth it? Piz Nair closes too early for us to go there, but Muottas Muragl is open until late. If the view is truly not to be missed, then I think we should do it. Not the hikes from there, of course, but the trip there and back.

But if not, then perhaps a nice walk around Lake St Moritz would be the better choice? We won’t have time to do both.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 May 2016 at 1:27:18 #851851

I’d go up.

The views are quite nice.

A walk around the lake is pleasant, and would stretch you legs after the long train rde. But, you’ll remebr the views from Muottas Muragl much longer.

Too bad you do not have time to walk to Alp Languard while you are up there… or do you?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2016 at 14:33:32 #851852

Thanks Slowpoke. No, I know at that point we won’t have the energy for a hike. Still think it’s worth the trip if we just go and walk around a bit while we are up there?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 May 2016 at 14:41:54 #851853

<<“Still think it’s worth the trip if we just go and walk around a bit while we are up there?”>>

Yes-

because the views are terrific. From the restaurant, and, If you walk up above the station and restaurant a bit, you can get some pretty good views of the chain of lakes stretching to the Italian border, as well as St.Moritz itself.

Much better than a walk around the lake in that regard.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 May 2016 at 14:44:00 #851854

I would say it’s worth it. The first image on myswissalps.com/ upperengadine was shot there, and the first on myswissalps.com/ hiking/ muottasmuragl-alplanguard as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2016 at 19:55:26 #851855

Thank you both, it looks wonderful. I hope the weather cooperates. We can walk around pretty lakes here in Canada. 😉

• The thread ‘Muottas Muragl after a long travel day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.