Museum of Transportation in Luzern

• kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    5 April 2016 at 13:02:47 #808812

Hi,

What is the admission fee for Museum of Transportation in Luzern? I checked the website but found it confusing as it said free with Swiss Travel Pass while another page said it’s 50% with Swiss Travel Pass. Can someone please clarify?

Also, would like to know if Traveler Check is commonly used in Switzerland. If so, any processing fee?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 April 2016 at 13:28:34 #850312

Hi kargee,

The admission fee is CHF 30, or CHF 15 if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

I’ve never used a Travelers Cheque or seen someone use it. They might be accepted, but I don’t know. Debit cards and cash are the main way to pay, and credit cards for larger amounts (from CHF 25 or so).

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 April 2016 at 3:08:13 #850313

Hi Kargee –

I used to use travelers checks a lot, years ago when traveling to Switzerland, but they have become very uncommon with the common use of credit cards and bank ATM’s.

In fact, banks in the USA have stopped issuing them in many cases.

My guess is that they might still be usable to get Swiss Franks at a currency exchange in a train station…at least the main ones….or at a bank.

That is a guess. 😉

I’d certainly not bet my trip on my being right.

The customer question/contact link on the SBB website might have an answer about the train station currency desks.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/meta/con tact.html

Slowpoke

kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    6 April 2016 at 4:09:57 #850314

Thanks Arno and Slowpoke. Very helpful of you both!

• The thread ‘Museum of Transportation in Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.