Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  My first trip to Europe: Paris to Zurich

My first trip to Europe: Paris to Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lola045
Lola045
3 posts
Apr 7, 2016 - 8:03 PM

Hello people,

I am planing my first to Europe and I was lucky enough to get a discount fly to Paris, but my final destination is Zurich, since I will stay with a friend of mine, does any of you can give me an advised on how can I travel (cheap if possible) from Paris ( Charles de Gaulle airport) to Zurich? I am open to train, bus or it is cheaper to but a plane ticket? I am traveling on July 22nd.

Thank you :)

Annika
Annika
6109 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2016 - 8:49 PM

Welcome Lola045!

You'll find all information here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

Lola045
Lola045
3 posts
Apr 8, 2016 - 2:47 PM in reply to Annika

Hi, I am so excited about my visit to Switzerland and looking forward to get a post on my question :)

Annika
Annika
6109 posts
expert &
Apr 8, 2016 - 2:55 PM

Hi Lola45,

I can't help much with flights, but the train is a popular and relatively quick way to get to the town centre of Zurich. All information on the train route can be found through the link I gave you. You can study this and let us know in case any questions remain.

sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 8, 2016 - 9:34 PM in reply to Lola045

If you plan to get a Swiss Travel Pass, then you can travel on the TGV Lyria to Basel and take a free train ride (using your Swiss Travel Pass) to Zurich.

For cheap flight deals see here : www.skyscanner.net

Lola045
Lola045
3 posts
Apr 9, 2016 - 1:16 PM in reply to sskundu

Thank you sskundu 😊 I will to check both options but after a 21 hours flight from Costa Rica a 4 hours train trip sound kind a hard, but still doable if I save more money 😊😊😊

Arno
Arno
14121 posts
expert &
Apr 9, 2016 - 2:30 PM in reply to Lola045

Perhaps it's an option to spend one night in Paris and take a train early next morning. That way you can enjoy the ride. You can reach Zurich before noon and do some sightseeing for the rest of the day. Connecting to a different flight, collecting luggage in Zurich and getting a train into town takes quite some time as well.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019