Need help in deciding Swiss pass Interlaken 3 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2016 at 23:43:14 #809071

Hello,

I’ll be traveling to Europe for the first time from USA with my wife. We are only for 9 days and not living more than 3 days in a single place.

I’ll be traveling to Venice and staying there for 2 days. Will move to Rome and live there for 3 days. Next we have a flight from Rome to Paris and will stay there for couple of days. (Paris only for Eiffel tower).

We will be traveling to Interlake Ost/West (not decided) from Paris by TVG. We will be staying there for two days and will only see targeted attractions (2 or 3 attractions maximum). We have a flight from Zurich on the third day.

I need a rail pass on the day when I am traveling to Interlaken (to get the discount/better price ) $38 per person. and then two days for roaming around Interlaken and other areas. I understand that we need pass for three days, but I am not sure which Pass to buy and main importantly, When to buy a pass?

For example: if I travel on 1st June from Paris to Interlaken Ost/west (6:30pm) and will reach 11:30pm. then on 2nd June visit targeted places and 3rd June visit few more places and then same day travel to Zurich direct to airport for June 4th Flight directly back to USA.

Should i buy pass right now or do I need to buy passes when I am traveling from paris to Interlaken? Is there any early bird discount? Where Can I buy passes while in Paris? Also, when does the pass (3 day pass) expires)

This is our first time and we are nervous. Hope you guys suggest/help us

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 May 2016 at 19:14:30 #851460

Welcome to MySwissAlps ChadYle,

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass seems to be a good fit, although I’d recommend to decide which attractions you will visit before you decide. For what’s covered, where to buy, how it works, and more, please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass. I don’t know where to buy it in Paris. Buying online and printing it is the easiest option.

With this pass you would only need tickets from Paris to Basel, as Basel to Interlaken is included in the pass.

There are several discounts for travelers from the US at the moment:

This list of airport hotels might be useful: myswissalps.com/zurich airporthotels

• The thread ‘Need help in deciding Swiss pass Interlaken 3 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.