May 26, 2011 - 10:44 AM
Here's what I know:
1. The BLS is the only company for boat services on Lake Brienz. Regular boats are indeed only available during day time except for the high season. However, there seems to be an "Indian Dinner Cruise" on Tuesdays and Fridays departing at 7:45PM from Interlaken Ost. Please contact the BLS for details.
2. Many of the public transport to remote locations pretty much shuts down in the early evening or late afternoon. If the timetable
does not show any connections, then there are no ways to get there at that time, other than getting a taxi from Brienz.
3. On average, the morning skies are more clear so you have a better view. However, you can best check the weather forecast the day before.
4. All prices are on jungfrau.ch
. You need to select your departure location from the left.
5. Most of the First - Schynige Platte hike
is not too difficult, but it's very long. It takes 6 hours, without any breaks, so realisticly you should count on 7-8 hours. You can do it in two days by staying in the Faulhorn hotel
along the way, but it's not open in early June yet. Also note that there may still be snow on the trails so you should ask the tourist agency if the route is accessible yet. I hiked from First to Bussalp
a long time ago. That might be a shorter alternative for you to look into.
6. You can check out the suggestions on wanderland.ch
I hope that helped. Enjoy your stay!