Need help to choose the right pass!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2012 at 9:09:13 #805446

Hello,

We are planning a 4 days trip to Switzerland during the first week of August. I have been browsing for last 3 days to choose a correct pass for us but it is very much confusing. Its me and my husband who are traveling and we are planning to visit the following places.

Zurich – Lucerne – Interlaken – Zermatt – Monterex – Geneva

Also we are planning for boating at Interlaken. Since we are travelling in August, we can not choose the 2 for one saving pass. All other passes for 2 people are very expensive. Could you please advise what will be the best pass for us?

Thanks in advance,
    Ann Santa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    18 July 2012 at 8:50:47 #836656

Welcome to the forum, Ann Santa! You plan to travel quite a lot in these 4 days, so I’d definitely consider a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass if I were you. You can’t use the 2 for 1 offer indeed, but the Saver variant (one pass to be used by 2 people) is already 15% cheaper than two separate regular Swiss Passes. I understand that rail passes seem to be expensive, but you’ll definitely save money compared to buying normal full fare tickets for each trip. Mind that your Swiss Pass will cover pretty much all trips, including boat trips from Interlaken. Please visit the Swiss Pass page for details, purchase options and prices.

• The thread ‘Need help to choose the right pass!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.