Need help to select right Swiss rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2012 at 22:23:34 #805107

Hello,
    We are going to Switzerland for 3 days.
    here is our tentative plan
    Friday, April 27, 2012: Zurich to Lucerne, go to mount Titils, stay at lucerne
    Saturday, April 28, 2012: Lucerne to MT. PILATUS
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 : half day MT. RIGI-KULM , then Lucerne to milan.
    Could you please help me to chose right rail pass.
    thanks
    arpita

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 March 2012 at 15:14:21 #835534

Hello Arpita! You should take a look at the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. Although you won’t use 1 of the 4 days, it’s the cheapest solution. Your regular train trips, including the entire trip up to the Rigi and the Swiss leg of your outbound trip to Milan, are for free. Titlis and Pilatus are discounted by 50%.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2012 at 21:35:09 #835535

Thanks for your quick reply. Do we need to buy Swiss Saver Pass in advance? If yes, can we get delivered to Singapore?
    thanks
    arpita

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 March 2012 at 6:52:35 #835536

Hi Arpita,

Yes, the pass needs to be purchased in advance. The cheapest reseller for Singapore currently is trainticket.com, but you can see all resellers if your fill out your country, travelers and pass at the Swiss Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2012 at 3:23:26 #835537

Hi ,
    thanks for your reply.
    One more question , I have already bought Swiss pass, which will allow me to travel Swiss leg of my outbound trip to Milan.
    Could you please let me know which is the last Switzerland station or first station of itally, so that I can reserve my train ticket.
    thanks
    arpita

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    11 April 2012 at 10:41:49 #835538

Hello Arpita,

There is an overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid on the Swiss Pass page Arno mentioned. In your case it will probably be Domodossola or Chiasso, depending on where you are coming from.
    You can check the Swiss Timetable to find out more about connections and travelling times.

Have a nice trip,

• The thread ‘Need help to select right Swiss rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.