8 days in Switzerland Lausanne and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 19:20:23 #821626

Hi Everyone,

I am visiting Switzerland for 7 nights, 8 days. Out of this, I have to stay in Lausanne for 3 days for official reason. My itinerary looks like:

Day 1: I will reach Geneva Airport by 3 pm. Planning to Stay in Geneva for the day, visit Geneva lake, Local area & Geneva Fountain.

Day2: Travel early morning to Lucerne, Visit Mount Titlis, Chapel Bridge, Lake Lucerne & Lion Monument. Stay in Lucerne.

Day 3: Back to Laussane. (I am not sure what to cover on this day, I will have Eurail Pass & would like to cover a train(Bernina/Glacier/Golden Pass) if possible, need some help here). Will cover Chillon Castle, if you do not suggest Montreux for Day 6.

Day 4 & 5: Official

Day 6: I am confused where to spend this day, either in Montreux or in Interlaken. (Need help here)

Day 7: I will visit Zurich for Rhine Falls, Market and local area. Stay in Zurich Only.

Day 8: Morning Free Tour and Back to Airport

Can you please suggest me what changes I should make to this? and what can I do on Day 3 and Day 6?

Thanks

Surbhi

• Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    13 May 2019 at 21:27:12 #912309

Hi Surbhi,

Day 1. f you would be in Geneva today, or yesterday, you wouldn’t see the Fountain, it’s off, too much wind. It would help if you told us when (approximately) you do your trip. Of course there are plenty of things you could see in Geneva, no matter what the weather is like. Remember that if you plane lands at 3pm, you will need about 45 minutes to be out of the airport, and another 30 to get downtown, so you’ll start your tour at 5 pm. I don’t know about your jetlag.

Day 2. Just curious: why would you like to see the Lion Monument?

Day 3. From Lucerne, Bernina is East, and Lausanne West. Switzerlan is a small country, but not sooo small! Consider just Golden Pass.

Day 6. The decision is all yours, of course. You may preferr Montreux, Chillon Castle, and a fabulous boat cruise on Lake Geneva.. That’s all near Lausanne.

Day 7, day 8. Your plan sounds fine. I would not be surprised if by then you skip the Rhine Falls and just visit Zurich where there is plenty to see, although I have no idea about what you like and dislike.

Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 19:28:11 #912310

Thankyou snowman for your response.

I am visiting from 9th June to 16th June. Can you help me whether Euro Rail Pass would be sufficient for my travel in Switzerland. I might switch part of my plan and visit Lyon, in this case which pass should I consider? Swiss or Euro Rail pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 19:40:04 #912311

Hello SurbhiAgg,

Please find information about the two passes you mention, including validity in the “where it’s valid” section, in below links:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass
    http://www.myswissalps.com/eu railglobalpass

To find out in detail which pass suits you best you need a quite clearly mapped out itinerary and can then use the spreadsheet in the following link for detailed calculations:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘8 days in Switzerland Lausanne and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.