Need some assistance, please!!!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2012 at 6:27:13 #805250

This site is just wonderful! My husband and I are planning a trip in Sept to Paris then to Switzerland. I need some help with planning the trains in Switzerland for 7 days. We have purchased a Swiss flex pass for 4 days, great deal 2 for 1. Which days would be the best to use the pass? If we use the pass for the discount to go up on Jungfraujoch for day 3 does that count as a day? We will take the TGV from Paris and back, to proceed onto to Montreux can we use the Rivera card from the hotel? Do they issue these before you check in? Or do we have to pay for another train from Lausanne to Montreux, we are staying at Hotel Eden?

Day 1 Paris to Lausanne then on to Montreux spend the night.
    Day 2 Montreux, side trip to Gruyeres, then on to Interlaken up to Murren, staying at Eiger Guesthouse. How do we get up there?
    Day 3 Murren
    Day 4 Murren to Bellinzoina then staying in Lugano
    Day 5 Lugano to St Moritz (this is a post bus only, no train?)
    Day 6 St Mortiz to Luzen
    Day 7 Luzen back to Paris

The only set schedule we have are day 1-3, so open to suggestions of where to go and where to stay. We really do not want to be on any train longer than 5-5 1/2 hrs if possible. What do you think? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 May 2012 at 15:51:56 #836065

Hello marino, and welcome to MySwissAlps. I’m glad you like it!

You can best use your 4 free travel days for day 2 (meaning you have to buy regular tickets for day 1), day 4, day 5 and day 6 (buying regular tickets form Lucerne to the Swiss border on day 7). No, you don’t have to use a free travel day to profit from the discount to visit the Jungfraujoch. You’ll receive your Riviera Card upon arrival in the hotel – provided that your hotel participates in this deal. Please find more information at the Riviera Card website. There are two ways up to Mürren from Lauterbrunnen: either by cable car and train via Grütschalp (this is the default connection displayed in the timetable) or by bus and cable car via Stechelberg.

The rest of your travel schedule seems fine to me, but it is quite full. It’s best to check the timetable I mentioned for all trips to see whether they’re too long in your opinion. Personally, I would prefer to spend more time in Mürren as it’s such a wonderful region. This can well be combined with a visit to Lucerne. On the other hand, if you aim to see as much of the country as possible, your train trips to Lugano and St. Moritz are a good choice.

• The thread ‘Need some assistance, please!!!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.