Need suggestion for weekend in interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 9:33:10 #805136

Hi,

On Saturday morning, I will start from Geneva and have a night stay in Interlaken and will return to geneva on sunday evening, so I have very limited time i.e. From 12 PM saturday to 6 PM Sunday. I am very much interested to visit good scenic places in Interlaken. Please suggest me if it is possible to visit these places during this time.

1. Jungfrau
    2. Schilthorn
    3. Boat in Breinz lake

what route should I follow and in which order..

Thanks,
    Dipak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 April 2012 at 13:38:53 #835633

Hello Dipak,

From Interlaken Ost railway station you can reach Schilthorn in about 1 h. 30 min. Maybe it’s best to do this trip on saturday afternoon.

The next day you can reach Jungfraujoch in about 2 h. 15 min. If you start early that day and don’t stay very long at Jungfraujoch, you might combine in with it boat trip on Lake Brienz. The boat on Lake Brienz departs from Interlaken Ost.
    For both trips to the these mountains good weather would be very welcome!

The Swiss Timetable can help you to to plan your trips in the time you have.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2012 at 6:16:56 #835634

Thanks Wandermann. Your suggestion seems to be Good.

However, I was checking on 6th may, timing to start boat from Brienz are : 9.07, 11.07, 12.07, 14.07 only which means Boat only starts in the morning 🙁 or this information is incomplete and after reaching there,we can come to know of afternoon and evening boats.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    19 April 2012 at 6:54:12 #835635

Hello Dipak,

Is a boat trip on Lake Thun an option for you? The latest boat leaves Thun at 15.40. You could make a trip to Spiez or Beatenbucht. You can find this following the link in my former post. The timetable will show whether you can fit this into your plans. (The chances that you found incomplete information are very small!)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2012 at 15:32:34 #835636

Thanks Wandermann.
    I think Boat in Thun or Brienz lake is not possible with the Jungfrau top. As From Interlaken, boats are not available for both Thun or Brienz lake after 14:30 so it seems, I have to drop plans for lake boat as Jungfrau top is more important

Regards,
    Dipak

• The thread ‘Need suggestion for weekend in interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.