Needs help to plan tour program and rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2011 at 0:17:32 #804316

Hi, I am reaching switzerland with my hubby on 7th june as per following program:
    7-06-2011- from Paris to Zurich (train already booked)
    7-06-2011- from Zurich to interlaken
    I will stay for 3 nights in interlaken
    10-06-2011- from interlaken to Lucerne
    stay for 2 nights in lucerne
    12-06-2011- from Lucerne to Zurich
    1 night stay at Zurich
    13-06-2011 flight to London(8:24 flight already booked.)
    Can you suggest me the places I should visit during my entire stay?
    Please advise me whether we should buy a rail pass, if yes then which one?
    We want to visit Jangfrau, Bern, Lake Thun, Zurich city, Lucerne, if possible Mt. Titlis and Engelberg.
    Kindly help me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 May 2011 at 5:02:52 #832907

Hi poonam, and welcome. You can cover your visits as follows: lake Thun, Bern and the Jungfraujoch can best be reached from Interlaken. Lucerne is the best base for a visit to Engelberg and the Titlis. I think you listed great ideas for your itinerary, so I don’t have that much to add. When you’re in Lucerne, you could also visit the Pilatus (which is very close to Lucerne) and combine this with a boat ride over lake Lucerne. As for things to see and do around Interlaken: the Bernese Oberland day trip overview lists many tips. The timetable is a great help in planning your trips.

A rail pass will definitely save you money. Which pass is best, however, depends on your exact travel plans. Our FAQ may help you out in calculating which pass is the most economical solution. An 8 day Swiss Saver Pass is in any case the easiest solution, as it allows unlimited travel in trains, buses and boats (including boats on lake Thun and lake Lucerne) and discounts for mountain transportation on all days of your stay.

• The thread ‘Needs help to plan tour program and rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.