Visiting Mt Titlis from Neuchatel

Visiting Mt Titlis from Neuchatel

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hypedvibes
Hypedvibes
1 post
Jun 8, 2018 - 7:34 AM

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Neuchatel in September and is scheduled to depart from Zurich. However I am keen to visit some Swiss alps (oh gorgeous scenery) and is thinking of dropping by Mt Titlis before heading to Zurich.

Will it be fine if I take a day trip from Bern? Or should I stay for a night at Lucerne?

Also, does anyone know how much does it cost to for a round trip to Mt Titlis from Bern or Lucerne?

I am a solo traveller, so any advice will be much appreciated!

Lucas
Lucas
8176 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2018 - 12:28 PM in reply to Hypedvibes

Hi Hypedvibes and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are looking at between 3 and 3.5 hours one-way from Neuchatel or Bern. So a day trip is possible but it is a long day. If you have time to visit and overnight in Lucerne it makes for a nicer day (it is a city worth a visit too).

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan trips: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

The Swiss railways timetable can help you find schedules and regular ticket prices (the first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders - double it to find the regular price).

Are you thinking about getting a rail pass for your trip? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses

Last modified on Jun 8, 2018 - 12:29 PM by Lucas
Peterli
Peterli
515 posts
top member
Jun 9, 2018 - 8:21 PM in reply to Hypedvibes

Hej !

Are you going to be in Neuchâtel during the period of September 28 to 30 ? If so, you should check to see if this year's edition (the 93'rd) of La Fête des Vendanges is of any interest. It starts in exactly 111 days !

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018