Visiting Mt Titlis from Neuchatel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 7:34:50 #816520

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Neuchatel in September and is scheduled to depart from Zurich. However I am keen to visit some Swiss alps (oh gorgeous scenery) and is thinking of dropping by Mt Titlis before heading to Zurich.

Will it be fine if I take a day trip from Bern? Or should I stay for a night at Lucerne?

Also, does anyone know how much does it cost to for a round trip to Mt Titlis from Bern or Lucerne?

I am a solo traveller, so any advice will be much appreciated!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 12:28:57 #887726

Hi Hypedvibes and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are looking at between 3 and 3.5 hours one-way from Neuchatel or Bern. So a day trip is possible but it is a long day. If you have time to visit and overnight in Lucerne it makes for a nicer day (it is a city worth a visit too).

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan trips: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

The Swiss railways timetable can help you find schedules and regular ticket prices (the first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders – double it to find the regular price).

Are you thinking about getting a rail pass for your trip? https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    9 June 2018 at 20:21:47 #887727

Hej !

Are you going to be in Neuchâtel during the period of September 28 to 30 ? If so, you should check to see if this year’s edition (the 93’rd) of La Fête des Vendanges is of any interest. It starts in exactly 111 days !

• The thread ‘Visiting Mt Titlis from Neuchatel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.