New website!

• Arno
    15483 posts
    28 January 2014 at 16:16:11 #803659

Dear MySwissAlps visitor,

We have launched a new version of our website today. If you have an account with us, you should receive an email with your new password. An overview of some of the new features of the website can be found below.

New features:

Some features did not make it to the new website:

• Ecards are no longer available;
    • For technical reasons, private messaging in the forum is no longer possible. This function wasn’t used very often, but we see how it can be convenient sometimes. We aim to bring it back when possible.

We’ll keep on working on MySwissAlps. If you have any suggestions or complaints, feel free to post them here or contact us in another way.

Enjoy the new website!

Arno & Annika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2014 at 12:39:34 #839473

Hi Arno, busying myself exploring new website – may take a little time as it seems at first glance quite different – sure I will soon get used to it! However I am disappointed to see e-cards are no longer available – I only really discovered them last year and had great fun sending reports back to family and friends as we were in Switzerland for a whole month and it was a cost-effective way of keeping in touch. We will be in Switzerland for a month again this summer and I was looking forward to using them again as my friends and family who received them were so pleased to get them. Shame they won’t be able to. Best of luck with new website. Maggie

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    29 January 2014 at 16:18:09 #839474

Hello Arno and Annika,

What a great new website you built! I’m enjoying it very much and I will be exploring and searching, just for fun, as much as I can.

Great job!!

Olga

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 January 2014 at 16:52:33 #839475

Hi Maggie,

Yes, I was sorry to see the e-cards go as well. Unfortunately it was one of those things that was quite difficult to keep. I’m sure you will get good stuff in return for it though. A lot of information and pictures have been added and we’ll keep doing so. If you have further questions just let us know!

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 January 2014 at 16:53:32 #839476

Thanks Olga, glad to hear that you like what we did!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    29 January 2014 at 17:46:35 #839477

Hi Arno and Annika,

Congratulations with this new version of your website. As far as I can see this version has much logic in it.
    It seems visitors are invited to find answers to all their possible questions.
    Oh, and I like all the photo’s! What a beautiful invitation to visit Switserland.

I’ll be back many times!

Wandermann

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 January 2014 at 18:13:15 #839478

Hi Wandermann,

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you back here!

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    8 February 2014 at 14:24:16 #839479

I go to Switzerland to hike. I use this site to get information to that purpose. In the old site lay out the forum section on hiking was easy to find. The new site is slick but if there is still a dedicated hiking forum I can’t find it. All lumped under miscellaneous? Unless I’m missing something this site has just lost some of it’s utility.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 February 2014 at 14:44:05 #839480

Hi Jack,

Hiking is indeed part of the miscellaneous forum now. This has been analyzed carefully before we made that choice, but I appreciate your feedback a lot. Rest assured that we will monitor the site closely and more changes will be made going forward. If separate forums for any topic seem to be useful in the future we’ll certainly create them. Don’t hesitate to share more thoughts if there are any!

Our focus on hiking is still there. You may be interested to know that we are going to add more hiking routes in the hiking section.

• The thread ‘New website!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.