Swiss trip part 6 – Kandersteg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2017 at 1:00:17 #813427

The most amazing lake !! We reached Kandersteg after 2.5 hrs of train ride from Grindelwald. Well worth the trip. Take the cable car up the mountain and then hike down to the lake. The hike is very simple and not difficult at all, the large hike down to the lake has great views of the lake from above. When you get to the bottom, i think the beauty is taken away, as you have the serenity gone, people swim in the lake , paddle boats – so i personally think it take away from the beauty that we saw from higher up. I wish it was kept untouched , so that you can continue to credit the beauty of the lake. But we got amazing pictures !!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 October 2017 at 0:13:30 #870560

Hi NJ,

Enjoying your mini-trip reports. I passed through Kandersteg in May, en route to Brig to catch Glacier Express, but had no idea Öschinensee was so close. Thanks to your report it’s now on the list for next year’s trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2017 at 2:56:38 #870561

Thanks for your report! I haven’t been there yet, but it will certainly be on my itinerary for a future trip.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss trip part 6 – Kandersteg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.