Old passport number on Swiss Travel Pass

Old passport number on Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
prachi82
prachi82
4 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 2:15 AM

Hi

by mistake i have entered old passport no in rail pass. will it effect my travelling? what should i do ?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 4:52 AM in reply to prachi82

Hi prachi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, technically it renders your pass invalid. Conductors do not always ask to see your passport, but if they do, and the number does not match, you might be fined (each time) for travelling without a valid pass, as well as being charged the full fare for the journey.

I would advise you to contact the company from which you bought the pass and ask for it to be re-issued with the correct number. There will probably be a fee.

Alpenrose

prachi82
prachi82
4 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 8:54 AM in reply to Removed user

Thank you so much for the reply... i have contacted to the company from where i have ordered....they said that i need to rebook my rail pass and i can cancel the old one , they will give me 85%refund back only...

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 10:03 AM in reply to prachi82

Yes, it's a shame that the mistake will cost you financially :-(

It's much cheaper (and less stressful!) than having to pay the full fare plus a fine though.

I hope you have a wonderful trip despite this glitch :-)

Alpenrose

prachi82
prachi82
4 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 11:13 AM

this query i wroted to the swiss travel system....they mailed me that i can travel with the rail pass but carry the old passport also....

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2017 - 11:40 AM in reply to prachi82

That sounds like a good solution!

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018