One day in Zurich – how to get around?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 17:17:43 #814631

Hi, we are traveling to Switzerland in August, arriving at Zurich Airport and spending the day there. We need transportation from the airport to the hotel in the city center and transportation to get around the main sightseeing places. I was looking at the ZVV day pass, but I am very confuse about how many zones do I need. It says that “Zurich (zone 110) and Winterthur (zone 120) each count as two zones” . How many zones does my pass need to include to be able to get around ? Please advice, Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 19:49:20 #877832

Hi acapote,

“Zurich (zone 110) and Winterthur (zone 120) each count as two zones”, my assumption is that it has to do with the price of the day pass. Since there’s more public transportation in these zones, the price is likely to be higher.

If you’re not planning to visit Winterthur you can just purchase the zone 110 day pass. If you’re planning to go outside of the Zurich zone you will have to purchase that zone as well.

An alternative is the ZurichCARD. It is more expensive, but is has more benefits such as free transport in 2nd class by tram, bus, boat and cableways in all of Zurich and surrounding area, most of Zurich’s museums are for free, a 50% discount on the Zürich Old Town walking tour, 10 to 20% discount in selected shops in Zurich and a short cruise on Lake Zürich.

• The thread ‘One day in Zurich – how to get around?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.