Online order of Regional Pass and other passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 2:27:29 #811542

Mabuhay!!!

Is there a better way to order Regional or Swiss Passes online? Like Viator, for instance, could issue online receipts that can be presented upon arrival to claim actual tickets. I will be very interested to acquire our passes soonest way before our actual trip to get it over with.

Many Thanks…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 7:50:48 #862151

Hi Almarina,

Some rail passes (like the Swiss Travel Pass) can be bought online and emailed to you to print at home. Some can not – which pass are you looking to buy?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 9:36:16 #862152

Hello Lucas:

The plan is to acquire: 3-day Tell-Pass for 2 people, Jungfrau Regional (2-day) for 2, and a Swiss-Travel Pass for 2 days. What I can confirm now is The 3-day Tell-Pass for 2 pax. If that can be emailed for printing at home, that’s a good enough.

Mail delivery will not only be slow and entail extra cost but I may run the risk of mail getting lost. Too slow and risky.

Hope you can help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 12:23:02 #862153

The Jungfrau Travel Pass can’t be bought for 2 days, only 3, 4, 5 or 6 days but this can be emailed to you and printed at home through Viator (see link above)and then you exchange at a station for the pass when you arrive in Switzerland.

The Tell-Pass Summer can be bought for 2 days if you like, but can only be bought in Switzerland at a rail station or mailed to you (no print at home email option).

The Swiss Travel Pass can only be bought for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days and can be emailed to you to print at home (this is the ticket – no need to exchange at a rail station).

I’m not sure it makes sense to buy several passes. The Swiss Travel Pass will cover virtually all the travel you plan on doing (see here where and what the pass covers). Why not just buy this only for the duration of your stay?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 2:42:46 #862154

Thank you, Lucas.

I only have 3 consecutive days in Switzerland upon arrival and another 3 consecutive days before departure. I figured that the regional Passes could offer more access to must-see places in its region than a general Swiss Travel Pass.

But since acquiring a Swiss Travel Pass will be a lot easier and offers more flexibility, I’d probably do just that.

Again, thanks Lucas.

• The thread ‘Online order of Regional Pass and other passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.