Options from Lucerne other than Titlis early May

Options from Lucerne other than Titlis early May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cspratik
cspratik
34 posts
Feb 9, 2018 - 3:51 PM

Hi Guys,

Out of my 9 days visit to Switzerland (April-May 2018), I kept one day for mount titlis (I am staying in Lucerne). However, I understand that this is not fully covered by STP and hence, I do not want to spend money on this (I am already doing Jungfrau).

What are the other alternatives which can be done in one day from Lucerne? (Please note that I am already doing Stanserhorn, Rigi, Stoos, lake Lucerne and local lucerne. I only have 3 days for Lucerne.)

Can I do Gotthard Panorama Express? any other recommendations? Any place little far which can be done in a day?

Thanks in advance

rockoyster
rockoyster
3908 posts
expert
Feb 9, 2018 - 8:16 PM in reply to cspratik

If you want to do the Gotthard in a day take an early fast train to Lugano and come back on the GPE. It will be a long travel day and you will be doubling up on some lake travel if you have already covered from Brünnen on your Stoos trip.

Lucas
Lucas
8844 posts
expert &
Feb 10, 2018 - 9:25 AM in reply to cspratik

Hi cspratik,

You can take a look at the major attractions and if they are fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Another thought could be the Golden Pass route from Lucerne to Montreux. Similar to the Gotthard Panorama Express it will be a long day.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018