Options from Lucerne other than Titlis early May

• cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    9 February 2018 at 15:51:29 #814307

Hi Guys,

Out of my 9 days visit to Switzerland (April-May 2018), I kept one day for mount titlis (I am staying in Lucerne). However, I understand that this is not fully covered by STP and hence, I do not want to spend money on this (I am already doing Jungfrau).

What are the other alternatives which can be done in one day from Lucerne? (Please note that I am already doing Stanserhorn, Rigi, Stoos, lake Lucerne and local lucerne. I only have 3 days for Lucerne.)

Can I do Gotthard Panorama Express? any other recommendations? Any place little far which can be done in a day?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 February 2018 at 20:16:52 #875992

If you want to do the Gotthard in a day take an early fast train to Lugano and come back on the GPE. It will be a long travel day and you will be doubling up on some lake travel if you have already covered from Brünnen on your Stoos trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 9:25:31 #875993

Hi cspratik,

You can take a look at the major attractions and if they are fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Another thought could be the Golden Pass route from Lucerne to Montreux. Similar to the Gotthard Panorama Express it will be a long day.

• The thread ‘Options from Lucerne other than Titlis early May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.