Ordering pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 December 2012 at 9:57:22 #805726

Dear moderators,
    I tried to order passes using your link to swissrailways.com and there was a problem with the security of the site. I have since succeeded using different method of reaching the site but thought you ought to know about the problem.
    We are now all set for 2013 with accommodation, flights and Swiss Saver Pass all booked/ordered! You may like to know we have increased our length of stay next year to a whole month! Still got a tantalising list of places we haven’t yet visited as well as favourites to re-visit.
    Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 December 2012 at 1:42:23 #837854

Hello Maggie,

That’s a great decision to visit Switzerland for a month! I’m sure you’ll use that time wisely 😉

Regarding the security problem: I couldn’t find any problems visiting this page, but perhaps you tried something else? The little lock in the top of the browser did not show problems. Which link did you click and what problem did you encounted? Please feel free to e-mail us if you don’t want to share it on the forum. I’d like to solve this.

Thanks for letting us know!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2012 at 15:34:03 #837855

HI Arno,
    I clicked rail passes link on left of this page, then Swiss Pass more information and ordering which gave me prices and where to order. I clicked the link to swissrailways.com/uk and the page for ordering came up as normal. I started the procedure to order passes but when I clicked continue I got a message to say there was a security risk if I continued and they advised not to do so. I tried again later and got same security risk message so instead of using the link, I went to the Swiss Travel System site direct and was able to complete an order there. It could have been a temporary glitch which has since been put right I guess but I thought I should let you know in case others also had a problem. Thanks for taking the trouble to investigate.

We are indeed looking forward to having the luxury of a whole month in which to enjoy Switzerland. We hope our daughter might join us again for a while and possibly our son too if he can make it so we can enthuse him as well – it was good to share a little of our time with our daughter last year. They are both incredibly busy but with a whole month to choose from, they could perhaps manage it – that’s our hope anyway.

Maggie

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 December 2012 at 6:07:46 #837856

Hi Maggie,

Thanks, that looks like a message I’ve seen before with other websites. I think it’s generated by the browser or by Google if it (rightly or wrongly) assumes there’s something not right with the website. I just tried again and did not encounted problems, but I will surely pass this on so that they can keep an eye on it. Thanks again for reporting. I’m looking forward to hear more about your plans when summer is approaching!

• The thread ‘Ordering pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.