Panoramic coach in Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pritishpanke
Pritishpanke
4 posts
Apr 27, 2018 - 3:04 PM

1. Is panoramic coach available on entire Bernina Express ? or just 1st class ?

2. Do all four trains departing from Tirana have these panorama (large window ) coaches ?

3. Can Tirano be my point of entry into Switzerland (for using Swiss Pass)? I would pre-purchase and pre book my seats on BEX.

Any advise or help is appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
5007 posts
expert
Apr 27, 2018 - 11:12 PM in reply to Pritishpanke

Hello Pritishpanke and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. There are large windows in both classes. See pictures at www.seat61.com/Bernina Express.htm.

2. Any train denoted BEX on the SBB timetable has Panoramic coaches. You’ll find the RHB timetable here www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info.

3. Yes. The BEX is free with Swiss Travel Pass. But you need to pay for seat reservation. You can nominate you have STP in purchase process.

Pritishpanke
Pritishpanke
4 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 1:50 AM in reply to rockoyster

@rockoyster Thanks a lot for a prompt reply. I must appreciate the good work you guys are doing here.

1. Just for confirmation, train no 950 and 960 from Tirano are both BEX aren't they ? (Since the link you provided just names then as train numbers and not as BEX)

2. I plan to travel in Italy & Austria with Eurail pass. For Switzerland I plan on getting a Swiss Pass.

Sequence is start in Italy then Switzerland and Finish in Austria & Germany

So I will be buying a non continuous Eurail pass so that after Swiss tour , I Can again use Eurail pass in Austria. Would you recommend this ? Our there are better ways of doing this ?

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Apr 28, 2018 - 2:12 AM in reply to Pritishpanke

Hi Pritishpanke,

1. It would be easier to use the Swiss railways timetable - you'll see BEX noted there.
  2. Ok
  3. That can work for you. The Eurail passes are only worth the cost if you are doing a fair bit of train travel in those countries. It may not be worth it if you are only taking a couple trains.
    Read about how to choose the best rail pass here & check prices on trips in other countries here.
Last modified on Apr 28, 2018 - 2:13 AM by Lucas
rockoyster
rockoyster
5007 posts
expert
Apr 28, 2018 - 2:56 AM in reply to Pritishpanke

Both are BEX but the 950 goes to Chur, the 960 to Davos. So it depends where you are heading. The RHB timetable I linked to does indeed show train numbers if you scroll down a bit.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019