Walk from Murtèl to Furtschellas in November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2015 at 18:04:31 #807938

Is the Panoramic walk from Murtèl to Furtschellas in the Upper Engadinecan be access in month of November 2015 ? I have plan to be there on 3 Nov 2015 with 15 people and do panoramic walk from Murtel to Furtschellas. Is the cable car operates on that periode ? If that routes close on that periode, is there any alternative to do hiking on that day as long as not far from St.Moritz as on that day I will stay here at St. Moritz. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 September 2015 at 15:09:53 #846126

Hi psinggih1,

Welcome to our website! I’m sorry to inform you that November is low season, and not the best time for hiking at this altitude. The cable car does not operate from October 19 to November 21, so you can’t get there. Apart from that there’s a fair chance it will be too snowy for the trail to be accessible anyway. You’d better pick a trail in the valley. Walking to the Morteratsch glacier might be an alternative. Further ideas are listed on our Upper Engadine page.

• The thread ‘Walk from Murtèl to Furtschellas in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.