Paragliding questions in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2018 at 17:00:44 #817931

I have a couple of questions about finding paragliding tours. First, I know that MySwissAlps promotes Viator tours but are there other providers that can be recommended? Does anyone have experiences with other tour operators for this? Are there ways of finding out safety records?

Second, for paragliding, is a clear day most recommended as it is for any mountain top touring?

Between Interlaken and Luzern, which city is the most convenient and efficient for joining a paragliding tour?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2018 at 10:42:40 #894421

HI THLQ,

Viator doesn’t operate the tours – they offer activities from local providers. I don’t know how to find out safety records but Switzerland is a highly regulated and safe country so it wouldn’t be a concern to me. Though I have no interest in doing that anywhere. 🙂

I haven’t done it myself but the companies Viator works with are quite popular. I know other members have been paragliding in Switzerland so hopefully they chime in on their thoughts as well. 🙂

I think Interlaken would be your best bet for finding more companies to choose from nearby.

http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities

https://www.viator.com /Switzerland-tours/Paragliding/d69-g9-c33293

• The thread ‘Paragliding questions in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.