• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2014 at 6:15:18 #806402

Hi,

I will be travelling

1. from Paris to Lausanne

2. from Interlaken to Frankfurt

3. Apart from these international trains, I will be travelling extensively by train in Switzerland.

Please tell me if I can travel from Paris to Lausanne by the direct train between them using the France-Germany Pass and Swiss Pass (using the 2 different passes together). Also how can I validate the same ?

Similarly, my journey will be from Interlaken to Frankfurt – can I use the Swiss Pass and the France-Germany Pass together in the direct trains ?

Also, do I need to reserve seats in these international trains before ?

Thanks,

Akshat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 May 2014 at 9:58:54 #840099

Hi Akshat, and welcome,

You will have passes that cover France, Germany and Switzerland, so that includes both your trips. All you need is seat reservations, see here.

Pass validation only needs to be done once: before you board your first train on your first travel day. Please see our pass pages of the Swiss Pass and Eurail Pass for details on validation, where to buy, promotions, etc.

• The thread ‘Paris – Lausanne, Interlaken – Frankfurt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.