Parking in the Lauterbrunnen Valley

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2011 at 20:24:18 #804346

I will be taking a driving trip in mid June. I will be staying in Murren for a few nights. I was wondering is it best to leave the car in Lauterbrunnen, or in Stechelberg. Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    24 May 2011 at 9:21:26 #832982

Only from my own experience: I know there is a rather large parking lot next to Lauterbrunnen station. I’m pretty sure you can leave your car in Lauterbrunnen as long as you want (it will cost you…), reservations can be made from a minimum period of seven days. In Lauterbrunnen you can take a cable car up to Grütschalp, and from there a train to Mürren, which will take you about 15 minutes. A very nice way of going up and left ;-), the views are wonderful!

I’m not sure about parking for longer periods in Stechelberg, but I guess it’s possible (and it will cost you as well…). I did some forum reading here and there, and I found that most people tend to choose for Lauterbrunnen.

I hope this helps a bit!

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 May 2011 at 14:52:08 #832983

Thanks for that information Olga! raymc2327: long term parking is possible in Stechelberg as well. I guess the main difference between parking in Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen is outdoors versus indoors. Another thing to consider is the location where you’ll stay. From Stechelberg, you’ll enter Mürren in the south, and from Lauterbrunnen in the north. It’s all very close together, but with lots of luggage it might be something to look into.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2011 at 21:50:18 #832984

Thanks to the both of you for your insights!;-)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2011 at 19:05:57 #832985

What is the price for parking in Stechelberg?

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2011 at 13:10:36 #832986

Hi anandrajk,

Prices for the parking lot can be found here.

• The thread ‘Parking in the Lauterbrunnen Valley’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.