Pilatus golden round trip ticket from Kriens

• cc123
    Participant
    58 posts
    18 May 2019 at 13:58:49 #821704

visiting on 1 aug 2019 (swiss national day)

1) Kriens/Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens/Alpnachstad CHF72 -> does this ticket allow me to start at Kriens and end at Alpnachstad & vice versa?

2) Are there any differences (views etc) between Alpnachstad -> pilatus -> kriens vs Kriens -> Pilatus -> Alpnachstad

3) If I start the golden round trip from Luzern -> Kriens -> Pilatus -> Alpnachstad -> Luzern (by boat), is the ticket price still the same as “Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern (Boat 2nd class incl. bus) @ CHF102.6”?

4) Kriens -> Pilatus -> Fraekmuentegg (take the toboggan) -> Alpnachstad (via Pilatus)

will the mt pilatus portion of the “Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern (Boat 2nd class incl. bus) @ CHF102.6” ticket be valid for this trip? Or do i need to purchase 3 individual tickets: (1) Kriens–Pilatus Kulm–Fräkmüntegg, (2) Fräkmüntegg–Pilatus Kulm and (3) Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm?

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 May 2019 at 21:31:00 #912650

You have the correct pricing assuming you have no form of travel pass. Then . . .

1. Yes.

2. Not really. It depend which way you face.

3. Yes.

4. Fräkmüntegg is between Kriens and Pilatus Kulm. You can get off there from either direction as long as you then continue on in the same direction you were heading when you got off. Your description implies going to the top then coming back down to Fräkmüntegg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 23:20:22 #912651

Hi CC123,

In addition to the information from Rockoyster, you can find a full route description and ticket information for Pilatus on this link http://www.myswissalps.com/pi latus

I hope this helps and you get great weather at the top!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2019 at 5:29:31 #912652

Hello I want to travel the Golden route in July . I will have a rail pass (3 day pass)

Section 1: by boat in Lucerne to Alpnachstad;

Section 2: by cogwheel train to the peak of Mount Pilatus;

Section 3: by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg;

Section 4: by gondola down to Kriens;

Section 5: by bus back to the rail station of Lucerne.

what will have to pay for an adult for this trip ? I u derstznd that lucern to alpnachstad by boat is included . Not sure about the other sections

thanks for the help in advance

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 May 2019 at 5:49:00 #912653

Hi Yoggis,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I am not sure which rail pass you have, but I assume it is the Swiss Travel Pass. If so, then section 2, 3, 4 are discounted by 50% and the rest is free. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity for details about pass coverage.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2019 at 6:14:49 #912654

Thanks for the reply , yes I have the 3 Day Swiss travel pass. Could you please confirm if the total price of section 2-3-4 is 72 chf by cog train , then by cable car n then by gondola , so I would pay like 36 chf per person (50 percent discount) . I am a little unsure about the price of those sections whether each of those sections cost 36 or the entire section costs 36

thanks again in advance

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 May 2019 at 6:39:29 #912655

Hi Yoggis,

Yes, CHF 36 is the correct price for all sections combined!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2019 at 16:46:15 #912656

Thanks Arno, much appreciated.

• The thread ‘Pilatus golden round trip ticket from Kriens’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.