4-day trip to Lucerne from Paris with 4 year old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 8:50:08 #816214

Hi, we will be staying in Lucern IBIS Kriens Hotel for four nights in mid-September.

• Day 1 – will reach Lucerne at 4pm. Paris . Lucerne Lake boating in evening.
    • Day 2 – Zurich day tour covering Rhine Falls, any shopping etc. please suggest.
    • Day 3 – Mount Titlis .
    • Day 4 – CHappel breidge Lucerne sight seeing . Would like to do paragliding.
    • Day 5 – will start for Paris at 4. Can you please suggest if this itinerary is good enough and what can we cover on fourth day.

Can we fit in Jungfrau day tour with 4-year old.Your suggestions are invited.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 15:20:34 #886261

HI Minal,

Day 2: Bahnhofstrasse is famous for luxury shopping in Zurich – is that what you are looking for?

Day 4: I think morning sightseeing in Lucerne and paragliding will just about take up your day. For other ideas in Lucerne look here.

For paragliding near Lucerne look here: http://www.luzern.com/ en/paragliding-and-skydiving
    Paragliding is more popular I think in the Lauterbrunnen valley – look here for a recommended company.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 8:32:02 #886262

Hello, In Lucerne can we do any chocolate tour. If yes ,will this be included in STP and how do I know the timings. ALso for Official guide City tour of Lucerne and Small group chocolate and swwets Walking tour of Zuric tour, do I need to book in advance. Will there be any discounts if I carry STP. Any city or tour near Lucerne that be can be completed in day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 11:24:34 #886263

I plan to change itinerary a bit. Day 1: In evening , visit Jesuit Church, Chapel bRidge and Lion monument.Day 2: Zurich day tour including Rhine Falls and Bahnhofstraee shopping . Can I include Small -group Chocolate and sweets walking tour of Zurch same day .Day 3: Suggestions invited . would like to paragliding this day. Day 4: Mt . Tiltlis. Day 5 : Lake Lucerne boat ride . Leave for Paris. Does the itinerary viable and what else can fit in . Would like to one chocoloate tour. Please suggest if we have missed any thing worth and feasible

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 12:37:00 #886264

You can visit the Swiss Museum of Transport which has a ‘chocolate experience’ as part of the museum – 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass.

I’m not sure how busy those chocolate/walking tours are that you mention. Typically I’d try to book a week or 2 in advance if you are sure you want to do them. No discounts on the tours with the Swiss Travel Pass, no.

Day 2: I would think you could incorporate the Rhein Falls tour and the chocolate tour on the same day but it depends on the departure times of the tours.

Day 3: Look for a nice paragliding trip here in the Lauterbrunnen Valley.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 12:58:42 #886265

Can we visit Swiss musuem of transport with 4 yr old kid

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 16:58:16 #886266

Yes of course! He’ll love it. 🙂

• The thread ‘4-day trip to Lucerne from Paris with 4 year old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.