Planning 4 days – confused about the map

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2010 at 10:04:49 #803964

Hi,
    I’m planning a 4 day trip throughout switzerland.

Basically I would from Zurich to Interlocken to Zermatt to Lugano back to Zurich

But based on our route a few of the trains from the map are dotted http://www.swisstravel system.ch/fileadmin/pd f/STS-GB-S-10-EN-WEB.pdf

Is a dotted train line not valid via swiss pass (only 50% off)?

If so what is the best way for me to buy tickets?

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 August 2010 at 12:13:28 #831706

Hi Joshua,

The red dotted lines are tunnels. These sections are included for free with a Swiss Pass, just like the solid red lines. Your pass can be ordered on the Swiss Pass page by clicking your country of residence under “Order your Swiss Pass here”.

Enjoy Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2010 at 19:17:33 #831707

thanks for the quick response.

what about the train to jungfraubahn, from what i see, you have to play extra – or is it included with the swiss pass? if it is additional, how much does it cost?

thanks.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 August 2010 at 2:20:30 #831708

Hello Joshua. The track from Grindelwald or Wengen up to the Jungfraujoch is discounted indeed (this is the case with all Swiss rail passes). The Swiss Pass offers a 25% discount on the regular Jungfraujoch prices. Most other mountain transportation is discounted by 50% with the Swiss Pass (indicated by thin dotted lines in red and black on the map).

• The thread ‘Planning 4 days – confused about the map’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.