Planning My dream Swiss trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2015 at 8:14:44 #807560

HI ,

I am planning my Dream trip to Swiss.

I want to see best places like Best MOuntains , Best Villages to be in , Scenic train train trip , Rope ways Village Home stay , Calm and peacefull town , Place to go out in night time .

I have got 7 days

PLease suggest following :-

Places to Visit

Base or Town to stay

Homestays

Train travel and best Rail pass to buy

Rope way

Stay on Mountain top

Lakes to visit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    15 July 2015 at 15:36:57 #844486

Hi anaz070! Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

We don’t create customized itineraries, but we do provide a lot of information that allows you to plan an itinerary for yourself. Please read these tips to start off with. If you want a tour operator to create a tailor made itinerary for you, you can contact our partner Magic Switzerland. Once you’ve found out where you want to stay and what activities you’re interested in, we’re happy to help you out with the details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2015 at 20:55:30 #844487

Hi annika

I just want your expertise on how should i plan my trip

like I said my interests are to enjiy scenic beauty of swiss without rushing but travelling moderately

Further to your advise I shall plan my itinerary

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 July 2015 at 0:15:11 #844488

<<“like I said my interests are to enjiy scenic beauty of swiss without rushing but travelling moderately”>>

I did not understand that from your first post.

When I read your first post , with the many excellent ideas or goals, I thought “traveling extensively” and ” in a rush.”

How many weeks do you plan to be in Switzerland? 😉

Seven days probably won’t let you do all those things, without really rigorous planning in fine detail. To do all that in the fewest days, perhaps we could help better if you could list your priorities – most important first…? That would help us make suggestions.

Meanwhile, check this link. Look at Lucerne, and Bernese Oberland.

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

Slowpoke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2015 at 10:38:59 #844489

This is my wishlist

Homestays

Beautifull Mountains /Hill tops

Rail travel

Rope way

Visit beautifull Village

I have no idea which all places covers my wishlist . If you can suggest where to get down in flight , where all to go within 7 days , which rail pass to buy , homestay , other nearby spots which i should not miss that would give me base to start .

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 July 2015 at 12:30:51 #844490

I cannot help with some parts of your request, but here are some ideas and some general suggestions..

I cannot help with homestays.

it is important to know what time of year you plan to visit. Snow at moderate to high altitudes can affect travel and activities in the winter. “Between seasons” find many facilities closed or shut down for annual maintenance, such as lifts to the mountain tops.

Also, do you plan any walking or hiking?

Land in Zürich.

Take train to Lucerne. Stay there or near there 2 or 3 days.

Visit lake, lake boats, any of Mt. Rigi, Mt., Pilatus, possibly Mt. Titlis.

Take the train to the Bernese Oberland (Jungfrau Region.)

Stay at Grindelwald, Mürren, or Wengen for a few days.

Explore the area, including possibly the (expensive) top of the Jungfrau.

Return to Zürich the night before your flight out. Stay near the airport, or, even downtown. (There are about 6 trains per hour to the airport, about 10-15 minutes away.)

Fly home.

I believe that Annika suggested you look atthe getting started section:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge ttingstarted

If you look at these other sections of My Swiss Alps, you can expand on those ideas.

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel

Once you propose a specific or approximate agenda, we can add to it and refine it.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2015 at 20:20:32 #844491

Wow .. great info slow poke

non hiking or walking as I will be having a small baby along. I want moderate climatic condition adaptable for family specially for baby.

Tickets to Zurich

So Lucerne for 3 days and Grindelwad for another 3 days should be my base stay rite ?

Which train pass should I take to cover all areas as specified by you

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 July 2015 at 23:23:46 #844492

Your suggestion of thre days each in the two regions makes sense, for a beginning. You may wish to adjust it after you have looked at the “What to do” link above.

<<“Which train pass should I take to cover all areas as specified by you”>>

Please follow the link I provided above on –

“How to travel”

There is a section on train passes.

If you follow the advice given in other links, such as those about getting started, you will figure out what your travel pattern(s)/itinerary will be. Then, you can find the rail pass that matches that travel pattern most economically.

I believe there is some health related concern about taking infants to high altitude. You might learn about that before you go up on the mountain tops, and look at the altitudes in your planning.

• The thread ‘Planning My dream Swiss trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.