Planning my trip to Swiss -Suggestions required…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2012 at 15:00:45 #805562

Hi Everyone,

I am planning my 5 days / 4 Nights trip to Swiss from Sep 13.

Sep 13: Will reach Interlaken around 12noon (Will I be able to Vist to Jungfraujoch same day)

Sep 14: Stay in Interlaken (Suggestions required for Schilthorn , I dont know whether this is worth spending a day)

Sep 15: Will reach Lucerne (Suggestions required for which I should choose , Mt Titlis, Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus. I could not understand the proximity of these location to Lucerne)

Sep 16: I will be in Lucerne (Dont know whether to stay in Lucerne or travel to Zurich, my departure airport to Dubai)

Sep 17: Depart to Dubai

Additional info, I have purchased Swiss Pass (4days), & booked hotels for 2 nights in Interlaken and 2 nights in Lucerne. I am flexible to change these hotel bookings if any better suggestions are available.

Thank you Fellow forum members,

Kiran

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 August 2012 at 10:10:43 #837010

Hi Kiran! First of all, I think you should use the timetable. This helps you to find out which trips are doable in one day and what the specific routes are. A map, such as maps.search.ch, helps you to locate your day trip destinations. As for your specific questions: you will manage to visit the Jungfraujoch after arrival in Interlaken, but you should only do so if weather is still good. The Schilthorn can be very well visited from Interlaken; it can be found in the timetable as well. You can add a visit to Mürren, Lauterbrunnen and the Trümmelbach falls. All three viewing points near Lucerne (Pilatus is closest to the town) are great. They can be combined with a boat trip over lake Lucerne and/or a visit to the old town. You can easily spend another day in Lucerne, but if a larger city has your interest, you can of course choose to get to Zurich.

If you want to stay close to the airport to catch your flight on September 17, you may appreciate the hotel overview for Zurich airport.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 15:34:03 #837011

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will go with your suggestions and plan my trip accordingly.

Regards,
    Kiran

• The thread ‘Planning my trip to Swiss -Suggestions required…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.