Planning the next visit

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 8:41:41 #805204

Hello everyone.. The time has come to start planning our next visit to Switzerland. I hope to get the family to some new places this trip out, with some favorites thrown in. Will be travelling with 5 this time out. Half fare cards for all but the 12 year old. So, I have started putting together an itinerary. Kandersteg, the Trift bridge, Isenfluh so far. Gruyere on a rain day.

We will going at the end of May next year, staying in Lauterbrunnen again. Was wondering if Gemmipass is do-able then as well as the Trift bridge. Also, looking for some input on new places to wander in the Bernese Oberland.. Any ideas an suggestions welcomed.

Dave

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    30 April 2012 at 9:28:51 #835903

Hi DaveB,

Well, don’t know where you’ve wandered in the BO before but I have a 35+ page document of tips and things to do/see in the region based on my 15 visits there. Happy to send it to you. It’s too long to post up here; if you would like a copy send me a private message with your email address

Kim

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2012 at 9:13:07 #835904

Hi Kim, I already have your document. You sent it last year. We will be staying in Lauterbrunnen again. Although it is beautiful and we will be seeing both sides of the valley, its time for some new places.. Branching out so to speak.. So that is why I was inquiring as to the Trift bridge and Gemmipass. We will be there end of May early June, not sure how this will fare considering the time of year.

Dave

• The thread ‘Planning the next visit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.