Planning trip Lake Luzern to Zurich via Rigi

Planning trip Lake Luzern to Zurich via Rigi

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Samfrula
Samfrula
7 posts
Dec 3, 2017 - 7:46 AM

Hi,

I;m planning to visit Luzern (staying in interlaken) morning 20th dec. Below my itenirary, kindly advise if need adjustment

1. Depart by train from Interlaken 7am - Luzern 9am

2. Spend time in Luzern until 13:00 pm

3. Take cruise depart 13:12 PM Luzern to Vitznau at 14:09 PM

(Question : how far walking from cruise dock to train station? I only have 6mins in between.)

4. Take train from Vitznau 14:15 PM to Rigi Kulm 14:47 PM

5. Rigi Kulm 15:05 to Arth Gouldou 15:50

(Question: I dont spend time up in mount Rigi as its already late evening.... or is it recommended to stay up there for a while before taking another train to ZUrich)?

6. Arth Gouldou to Zurich... then spend few hours in Zurich & depart back to Interlaken

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Dec 3, 2017 - 11:56 AM in reply to Samfrula

Hi Samfrula,

6 minutes to connect is fine....they are 50 meters apart.
I would try and stay up on Rigi Kulm for a bit yes - you'll still have an hour or so of day light before the sun sets around 16:30.

I'm not sure I would also try to go to Zurich just for a couple hours at night - this makes for a very long day from Interlaken. But if there is something you want to see there it can be done of course.

Use the SBB timetable to find all the departure times.

Last modified on Dec 3, 2017 - 11:57 AM by Lucas
Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2419 posts
top member
Dec 3, 2017 - 9:39 PM in reply to Samfrula

>> Take cruise depart 13:12 PM Luzern to Vitznau at 14:09 PM ... how far walking from cruise dock to train station? I only have 6mins in between.

I have attached a picture showing the Rigi station adjacent to the wharf at Vitznau, so you can see how close they are!

Alpenrose

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018