Please help plan a short 4 day trip late November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 October 2015 at 17:38:32 #808024

hello Everyone,

I see a great rapport taking place in this forum and thought you could help me plan a short quick trip.

I study in Switzerland, and my parents are planning to visit me for four days. From 29th November-2nd December. They will be landing mid day on 29th. And I would like to show them some beautiful places. Maybe just 2 cities as we have time only until 2nd evening (we need to be in Sion that evening)

I has Luzern in mind. Please, feel free to suggest other places. And also the things to see in those places.

Also what travel pass will be apt for them, as we will be leaving the country on 5th December and they will be using the trains and funiculars in particular.

sorry for the long post, looking forward for some help! Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 October 2015 at 12:54:25 #846484

Hi Nasky123, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Wonderful that your parents will be visiting next November/December. For a 4 day stay, I’d indeed recommend to focus on one or two regions at the most. It’s low season, so you can best focus on somewhat larger towns. Where are you residing yourself? And will your parents sleep over with you, or do you intend to get a hotel somewhere? These are important factors in determining how you can plan these days.

Having said that, Lucerne is certainly a very attractive town. Tips are listed at myswissalps.com/lucern e. Mind that not all attractions will be running due to the season, and carefully check timetables. Another atmospheric town I’d think of would be Montreux (there are quite some mountain trains and funiculars), as that’s rather close to Sion: myswissalps.com/montre ux.

If you’re able to inform us more about your base town and overnight plans, we can help you out better. A rail pass should be picked once your itinerary is pretty much set. Here’s a start: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2015 at 15:05:53 #846485

Thank you for your response.

I reside in Montana, and we intend to stay at hotels in the respective cities that we plan to visit. We intend to move over to my residence on 2nd night.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 October 2015 at 17:20:14 #846486

Hi NASKY123 – At which airport will they arrive? Gneva, Zürich, Basel………..that would anchor one end of the trip.

Nice that you are in the Rhone Valley….nice and sunny.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Please help plan a short 4 day trip late November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.