Point to point tickets in Jungfrau region

• traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    24 April 2016 at 6:38:02 #808997

Hi,

We will be using the Swiss Transfer Pass for our trip to Wengen in 2017.

I am still doing my maths whether to buy a Jungfrau Travel Pass or simply use a Half Fare card when we base ourselves in Wengen. The Jungfrau Travel Pass is obviously more convenient but is worth it only if we intend to use it on consecutive days.

We used the Jungfrau Pass the first visit in 2012 which was very convenient. However, this second visit we just want to chill out and may not move around every single day. We will most likely be there June 17 (9 days). Base will definitely be Wengen. Maybe Murren too but still planning,

My questions in using the Half Fare card is regarding point to point Tickets eg.

1. Wengen – Mannlichen then walking to KScheidegg and train back to Wengen.

Can I buy all the necessary tickets from the Wengen ticket booth at the same time or must I wait till we arrive at KS to get the train ticket back to Wengen?

2. Wengen – Mannlichen – Grindelwald Grund – Grindelwald First and return

Can I buy all the tickets for the whole return route at Wengen?

3. Can I buy all the tickets at one go from Wengen to – Lauterbrunnen – Grutschalp- Murren?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 April 2016 at 13:10:03 #851172

Hi traveljet,

Great that you’re planning for your next Switzerland visit! Most ticketing machines allow you to buy tickets from and to any destination, so yes, you will be able to get multiple tickets in one go in Wengen. If you’re having trouble using the ticketing machines, you can get to a manned desk at the railway station and they too will be able to sell you the tickets you’re looking for. I do think that the tickets Maennlichen-Grindelwald Grund and Grindelwald-First will have to be bought seperately at the valley stations of the cable cars, not at the main railway station (not 100% sure though). Also, the SBB mobile app allows you to buy digital tickets.

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    25 April 2016 at 0:58:30 #851173

Thanks Annika.

Can I also buy point to point tickets a few days in advance for the cities using the Half Fare card? If I am sure where I am going on certain days, I prefer to get the tickets all at once rather than having to Q several times.

If there is a particular route I prefer eg Zurich airport – Lucerne – Wengen, I should buy it from a manned counter rather than a machine?

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 April 2016 at 14:58:26 #851174

Hi traveljet,

Yes, you can get tickets for other dates as well, even for weeks in advance. In most cases the ticketing machine will come up with several options for routes. If yours doesn’t seem to be included, or if you have any other doubts, you can always ask for help at a manned desk.

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    29 April 2016 at 0:40:52 #851175

Ok thanks Annika. Have a good weekend.

• The thread ‘Point to point tickets in Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.