Polybahn Zurich with Swiss Travel Pass

• kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    15 July 2016 at 6:40:54 #809680

Hi,

With Swiss Travel Pass, will it be free to take the Polybahn at Zurich?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 July 2016 at 7:37:27 #854182

Hi kargee,

All public transport in Zurich, including the Polybahn, is free with a Swiss Travel Pass. Please note: it does not operate on Sundays and public holidays.

Enjoy the (very short) ride!

kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    15 July 2016 at 14:21:01 #854183

Thanks Arno for your reply. Yes, I am excited about the extremely short ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2016 at 3:39:11 #854184

Hi Kargee,

If you like riding on funiculars, there are another couple of funiculars in Zürich that you might enjoy:

Seilbahn Rigiblick

From Zürich Hauptbahnhof (main station) or “Central” (near the Polybahn), take tram #10 in the direction of Zürich Flughafen. Get off at the stop called Seilbahn Rigiblick (6 stops, 9 minutes from Zürich Hauptbahnhof or 5 stops from Central).

The Seilbahn (funicular) is at the far end of a small plaza near the tram stop. It runs daily from very early morning to just after midnight, about every 6 minutes or so, and runs automatically (without a driver). The trip takes about 5 minutes, climbs over 90 metres and there is a panoramic view from a small park adjacent to the top station of the Seilbahn.

Dolderbahn

Take tram #3 from Central in the direction of Klusplatz and get off at the stop called Römerhof (4 stops, 5 minutes). The bottom station of the Dolderbahn is a bit tricky to find, being acccessed through a building (see attached screenshot from Google StreetView). At the top, you can walk for a few minutes to the Dolder Grand Hotel for a lovely view. The Dolderbahn runs daily from early morning until 23:30 about every 10 minutes. The trip up on the Dolderbahn takes 6 minutes and climbs over 160 metres.

Standard Zürich public transport fares and tickets apply to both funiculars, and both are in the central fare zone (Zone 110).

Alpenrose

kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    17 July 2016 at 14:34:04 #854185

Hi Alpenrose,

Thank you so much for the detailed information. I will definitely check them out as I will be bringing my 5 year-old nephew, who is very excited about all these rides.

• The thread ‘Polybahn Zurich with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.