Portable oxygen tanks

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2011 at 19:41:43 #805201

Hello,

I will be in Zermatt from June 27th through July 1st. Then in Wengen from July 5th through July 12th. I am just recovering from a bout of pneumonia & may need oxygen for walking & some short hikes. Does anyone know if portable oxygen tanks are available in or near either Zermatt or Wengen?

Thanks much,
    lilmac

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    16 June 2011 at 7:14:04 #835895

Hello lilmac,

During many holidays in Switzerland I have never seen or heard of portable oxygen tanks.
    Maybe Tourist Offices can give you more information.

Zermatt Tourismus: http://www.zermatt.ch/en/
    Wengen Tourismus: http://www.mywengen.ch/de.cfm/kontakt/

Hope this helps and all the best with your recovery!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2011 at 20:35:10 #835896

Hi Wandermann,
    Thanks so much for your reply & suggestions. I will contact the tourism offices.
    lilmac

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2012 at 5:28:41 #835897

There various points which make a portable oxygen tank easier on absolutely everyone the fat, the layout, and the ease of use. Some of the newer designs now are created out of aluminum, which is not only environmentally friendly, but also far lighter than older versions. There are transportable oxygen tanks which are uncomplicated sufficient for everyone to carry, which tends to make them carry simpler to location into the car or truck or into a backpack, if you like.

SimplyGo Oxygen Concentrator

• The thread ‘Portable oxygen tanks’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.