Possible to buy Jungfrau Rail Pass in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2015 at 21:14:00 #807770

Hi I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me wether its possible to purchase the Jungfrau Railways Pass or the Jungfrau VIP Pass whilst in Switzerland or if its easier to purchase the passes here in the UK?

My friend and I our traveling to Switzerland via car and plan to spend potentially serval days in Switzerland before me make our next stop to Italy. Our trip will last 14 days between the 24th August to the 7th September. Currently we don’t know exactly what day we will be arriving in Grindelwald making it difficult to book the passes in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 August 2015 at 9:46:05 #845420

Hi Drifter91,

You can buy it online or in Switzerland. You can find the purchase options here, and check which one is cheaper or more convenient for you:

If you buy it online it doesn’t necessarily mean the start date of the pass is fixed. It depends on the retailer. For example, if you buy through Viator.com, you’ll get a voucher and the date is still flexible.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2015 at 21:18:26 #845421

Hi Arno,

Thank you for responding to my message so swiftly. The flexible voucher sounds like a great option!

• The thread ‘Possible to buy Jungfrau Rail Pass in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.