Prices Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2013 at 14:49:43 #806052

When I look at sbb.ch for Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch the price is CHF 45.50 each way. But when I look at jungfrau.ch the price of a return ticket is 196.60. I thought only the Jungfraubahn goes to Jungfraujoch, so what is the difference?

We are planning on staying in Grindelwald, going for a day to Jungfraujoch and then spending the night in Wengen. The train from Grindelwald and the train to Wengen both stop in Kleine Scheidegg. Is there time to get off the train there and store luggage on the way up and then again to pick it up on the way back? (And is there luggage storage available?)

Is it correct that for Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch-Wengen I get a 25% discount with the Swiss Pass or a 50% discount with the Halbtax?

Is it worth the extra cost to go first class on the Jungfraubahn?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2013 at 0:29:56 #838888

Hello Kevin,

The price you quote from sbb.ch is the half fare price. Only the Jungfraubahn offers a train service up the Jungfraujoch, but you can find their trains in the national timetable as well. All their trains are 2nd class only between Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch, so 1st class is not available for your trip. I’m quite sure you can store luggage at the Kleine Scheidegg station, but for details you can best check with the Jungfraubahn.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Prices Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.