Swiss itinerary for week in July: advise needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 14:20:53 #808514

Hi Guys,

We are planning a trip to Switzerland in July 2016. Please advise/tweak this itinerary.I am open for suggestions. We love nature/landscapes,waterfalls,short hikes.

I Know I have packed a lot with limited number of days but I would start my days early between 7-8 am to make the most of it.

Here is my proposed itinerary :

1st July 2016 Friday – Flying into Zurich from Amsterdam 21:00 – 22:25. O/N in Zurich

Staying in Zurich as have access to free accommodation for 3 nights.

Day 1 : Zurich – Lucerne – Mt. Titlis Excursion – Zurich. O/N in Zurich

Would try to explore Lucerne if time permits, till what time in the evening the cruise operates on lake lucerne in summer ?

Day 2 : Zurich – Lucerne – Mt. Rigi – Lucerne – Interlaken – Zurich. O/N in Zurich

Is it doable if we start early morning as in 8am ? I know it would be a very long day. Otherwise Interlaken can be explored on Day 5.

Day 3 : Leave Zurich – Montreux via Bern .

Explore Montreux and come back to Interlaken via the Golden Pass Route. Head to Lauterbrunnen. Stay O/N in Lauterbrunnen.

On this day I plan to visit Gstaad, Saanen and zweisimmen on the way. Is it doable ?

Day 4 : Lauterbrunnen – Wengen – Mt. Jungfrouch – Murren – Grindelwald. Stay O/N in Lauterbrunnen.

Day 5 : Head to Trummelbach falls in Lauterbrunnen.

Leave for Brig and on the way explore Interlaken or Lake Cruise in Lake Thun or Spiez . Stay O/N in Brig.

Day 6 : Brig – Zermatt – Matterhorn . O/N in Brig.

Day 7 : Take Early morning direct train from Brig to Venice.

I am planning to take 8 day Swiss pass.

Regards

Vineet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2016 at 5:12:50 #848907

Hi we are 3 families visiting Interlaken from 31st july to 02nd august. We need advice for 2 days itenary for exploring Interlaken and surrounding. We have one itenary and need some clarifications and advice on this. Reaching Interlaken on 31st july at 01 pm from zurich and leaving Interlaken on 02nd august at 10 am in the morning. day 1: (31st july) : check into hotel at 01:30 pm near Interlaken west station. I like to explore lauterbrunnen area. From Interlaken , we will go to lauterbrunnen, from there via murrenbahn cable car to murren and while coming back like to visit Trummelbach falls. we will come down via schilthornbahn cable car to stetchelberg station and from there to trummelbach falls and back to Interlaken. Is it possible to visit all these places if we start at 02:00 pm. Or, we have to restrict ourselves to Lauterbrunnen and Trummelbach falls only without visiting murren. please suggest.Can we have boat ride on the thun lake in the evening on the same day.Day 2: we are going to jungfraujoch through a guided tour of viator. it will consume whole day I suppose. If I not opt for a guided tour to jungfraujoch , how can I visit jungfraujoch on our own and how to explore in the best possible way and how much time it will require. what are the places we need to go.Can we have boat ride on thun lake on this day in evening.Please guide us to make a good itenary.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 March 2016 at 8:09:16 #848908

Hi Shirshendu,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I received your e-mail where you said you could not create a new thread. I am not sure why that does not work for you. You can go to the Miscellaneous forum and click “Post a new thread”. Please try again as I assume it will work now. We’ll get back to your questions in the new thread.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 March 2016 at 8:19:20 #848909

Hi Vineet,

You can best consult the timetable to check whether trips are doable. Even boats are in there, although you may find the separate boat timetables more convenient (links are here, for example, under “More on other websites”).

I agree that day 2 would be quite long. You can shorten it a bit by not exploring Interlaken as there’s really not much to see there other than shops and hotels.

Day 3 is too long as well. Please see the timetable and check the traveling time of each leg.

The other days are doable in my opinion. For all Swiss Travel Pass details, please see here.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2016 at 13:25:44 #848910

Thanks Arno.

• The thread ‘Swiss itinerary for week in July: advise needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.