Protecting our Travel Passes from damage

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2017 at 5:32:49 #810697

We have printed out our online Swiss Travel passes. As we will be using them over several days, carried in back packs, we are trying to work out the best way to store them en route. Is it ok to fold the A4 in two or three as long as the fold does not go through the digital image? We are assuming that they can’t be laminated as the rail officer may not be able to read the digital image. Just wondering what other people do. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    31 January 2017 at 11:10:49 #858572

Hi Woodie!

I think it’s perfectly fine to fold your Swiss Travel Pass, as long as the bar code/digital image is still unfolded. Laminating isn’t a good idea, but you can carry your pass in a plastic or linen sleeve to protect it. Don’t worry if some damage does occur. Since it’s an electronic pass you can save a digital copy and make as many back-up prints as you like!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2017 at 21:55:20 #858573

Thank you, Annika, for your reply to my query re safeguarding our Swiss Pass. I wasn’t sure about printing multiple copies as the printing instructions from Swiss Rail were very particular. I have since learned that Swiss Rail will also print out a new copy for you if you lose the pass or in case of damage. That is reassuring to know. I am sure the plastic pocket or sleeve will work.

• The thread ‘Protecting our Travel Passes from damage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.