Protecting our Travel Passes from damage

Protecting our Travel Passes from damage

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Woodies2
Woodies2
20 posts
Jan 31, 2017 - 5:32 AM

We have printed out our online Swiss Travel passes. As we will be using them over several days, carried in back packs, we are trying to work out the best way to store them en route. Is it ok to fold the A4 in two or three as long as the fold does not go through the digital image? We are assuming that they can't be laminated as the rail officer may not be able to read the digital image. Just wondering what other people do. Thanks for any suggestions.

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
Jan 31, 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hi Woodie!

I think it's perfectly fine to fold your Swiss Travel Pass, as long as the bar code/digital image is still unfolded. Laminating isn't a good idea, but you can carry your pass in a plastic or linen sleeve to protect it. Don't worry if some damage does occur. Since it's an electronic pass you can save a digital copy and make as many back-up prints as you like!

Woodies2
Woodies2
20 posts
Jan 31, 2017 - 9:55 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you, Annika, for your reply to my query re safeguarding our Swiss Pass. I wasn't sure about printing multiple copies as the printing instructions from Swiss Rail were very particular. I have since learned that Swiss Rail will also print out a new copy for you if you lose the pass or in case of damage. That is reassuring to know. I am sure the plastic pocket or sleeve will work.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018