Purchasing last minute Swiss Travel Pass online

Purchasing last minute Swiss Travel Pass online

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Crisd
Crisd
2 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 7:50 AM

Hi, I'm Travelling to Zurich tonight will be there 26 June 17 and am trying to purchase a n 8 day travel pass online from the 27 June 17 to 4 July 17... but it's only allowing me to do so from the 28th June .. pls advise.. thanks

Arno
Arno
9645 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2017 - 10:19 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Crisd!

An online purchase takes some manual processing too, so that's why many websites do not offer a last minute purchase. However, if you order through www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive you will receive it through e-mail tomorrow (Monday) and you can print it in your hotel. Be sure to fill out your correct e-mail address while ordering.

All purchase options are listed here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on Jun 25, 2017 - 10:20 AM by Arno
Crisd
Crisd
2 posts
Jun 25, 2017 - 11:06 AM

Thank you so much Arno !!

Was wondering then since I arrive 26Th morning into Zurich, can I purchase the Swiss Travel pass at the Airport?? is there a massive price difference getting it in Switzerland as against outside of Switzerland !!

We are 3 of us .. Me with my daughter ages 17 and 13 . So will be getting 1 Adult and 1 Youth pass ! Am I right in my understanding that my younger daughter 13 yrs travel free with me ?

Thanks for your help!

Arno
Arno
9645 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2017 - 11:14 AM in reply to Crisd

You're welcome Crisd! Sure, you can buy them at the airport train station (see the second page I linked to). It's currently CHF 4 more expensive than the other option I gave you (per pass). You may have to wait in line (could be just minutes, could be 30 minutes). Indeed you can get a Swiss Family Card for your youngest daughter so she will travel for free.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017