Train schedules Milan, Zermatt, Chur Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 15:48:06 #815271

Can I do the following?

1) Arrive at Milan airport- to Milan central to Zermatt via Brig? –Is swiss pass requires validation Prior to starting the journey? Which portion of this trip will be cover by swiss pass?

2) Starting from Wengen in early morning can I do this trip in a day without Luggage? Wengen – Int ost via golden pass route to Montreux — Luassane to Bern ( spend few hours) then by rail upto Thun . Then by boat from Thun to Int ost back to Wengen.

3) Lucerne to chur , catch the Bernina express — reach Tirano. Tirano to Milan central. Can I visit the Dumo di milano and Galleria vittorio on the same day?

Can I buy the ticket from Tirano to Milan rail ticket from Chur? Is the validity of the tickets are more than 6 hrs?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 16:03:58 #881976

Hi Arnabghosh,

1. It’s a long trip, but if you get in to Milan airport early it is certainly possible. No previous validation is required for the Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Travel Pass will cover you from Domodossola. You’ll need a ticket from Milan airport to Domodossola.
    2. That is a very long day. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan the schedule out.
    3. Again, a long day but if you need to do it you can. 🙂
    4. You can buy a ticket for any route from any station. The ticket is valid all day – just pick the date you want to travel on.
  • The thread ‘Train schedules Milan, Zermatt, Chur Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.