Question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2010 at 7:42:03 #803763

Hi, I’ll have a few hours left in my travel schedule next July, I’ll be in Meiringen, what do you suggest?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    9 April 2010 at 12:36:22 #831073

Hello Jennygirl,

There are plenty of options to spend a few hours in Meiringen, for example:
    – the Sherlock Holmes museum, which might be a good idea when the weather is bad;
    – the funicular up to the beautiful Reichenbach falls;
    – the cable car to Hasliberg or, if you have enough time left, all the way up to the spectacular views of the Alpentower.

You might want to take a look at the Meiringen tourism web site as well. Have a nice stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2010 at 6:44:40 #831074

And don’t forget about the Aareschlucht! That’s truly spectacular. It’s a walk along the Aare gorge next to (and even through) the rock walls. If I had a few hours to spend in Meiringen I’d take a look at this beautiful piece of nature. It’s nice in rainy weather as well.

Bye, Jules

• The thread ‘Question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.